Curriculum in 150 words
Bosco Curtu (San Sebastián, 1976), studied Computer Science at University of Basque Country, attending his last year (2000) and doing his Excellence Project at Aberdeen University (Scotland).
In 2000 he works in Entuity Ltd., a London based company, carrying out tasks of programmer on “Eye the Storm”. This software won the prize “Best of the Best 2000″ of the prestigious American magazine InternetWeek.
In 2002 he moves to Barcelona to work in Menta/Auna/Ono, where he makes tasks of programming, integration and later of project management.
At the end of 2005 he leaves Ono to get up in Tecnocasa, within an international project, with the aim of implanting a same software in more than 3 thousand offices distributed between Europe and America.
Then in 2006 he gets up to NexTReT to work as Head of Projects in accounts of Generalitat de Catalunya.
In 2008 Bosco works as CTO for Organic, building dooplan, the leader portal in leisure events for Spain.
Finally in 2010 he creates his own startup, Grouxo, a Saas for ecommerces to manage their collective buying deals y coupons.
1994-1999 University of the Basque Country.
Superior degree in Computer Science, specialization in Software Engineering
1999-2000 University of Aberdeen(Scotland).
Excellence Project. Obtained qualification: Excellent.
2005-2006 Fundació UPC.
Post degree “Design of movable applications for PDAs and Smartphones”
Project Planning and Control with MS Project (14 credits PMP)
2008 Sun Microsystems
Sun Certified Java Programmer 5.0 (SCJP)
Grouxo Marketplace August 2010 until now
- CTO: IT manager and development leader for grouxo.com
Organic June 2008 until August 2010
- CTO: IT manager and development leader for dooplan.com, a leisure events portal for Spain.
- Recommendation system for dooplan.com, using Collaborative and Content based algorithms.
NexTReT July 2006 until May 2008
- Open Source Technical Area Manager: Studies, valuation and execution of commercial proposals in open source areas.
- Project BDC: Project management for Generalitat de Catalunya.
Management of 10 people team, ESPRIT methodology, Canigó based j2EE project, ETL tools (PowerCenter) and internal management with Trac.
- Project SIDIM: Project management for Generalitat de Catalunya.
Management of 5 people team, Canigó based j2EE project.
- Implantation of quality in the development: Implantation of methodological measures, tools and frameworks to increase the productivity through the quality.
Tecnocasa December 2005 until June 2006
- TecnoVista: Development, Integration and Implantation of software in international j2EE project.
Management with remote development team, j2EE and Swing application using Spring and a home-made RIA framework.
Menta/Auna/Ono April 2002 until December 2005
- Nubia Project: Project Management for HP OpenView Service Activator tool implantation.
Direction of the integration and implantation works, in charge of a 4 people team.
- Project SXT: Analysis, patterns based design and development of SXT activation system.
.Net and j2EE mixed project, to provide a services console and the actual activation.
- XNet Project: Development of Network Inventory Console Application for Menta.
Project j2EE, Oracle Web dynamic client.
Entuity From June of the 2000 to June 2001
- Eye of the Storm Client: Java developer of the Eye of the Storm’s client.
Development using Applets, Swing API and XML protocols, prized “Best of the Best 2000″ by Internet Week.
English: Certificate in Advanced English. More than 3 years living in Anglo-Saxon countries (UK, Australia)
Catalan: 5 years living in Barcelona. Project management and speaker for Generalitat de Catalunya, always in Catalan. Spoken fluently and written.
Spanish: Maternal language.
Vocation for Web 2.0 development. Currently working and enjoying with Python and Django. Creation of a recommender engine for QSalimos.com.
Masters in java technologies: J2SE, J2EE and J2ME . Experience in j2ee architecture, complex frameworks (Spring, NexOpen, Canigó), and quality driven development (maven 2, testing, continuous integration, profiling, trac)
Participation in the following open source projects:
- NexOpen: JEE development framework, based on Spring 2.x, that allows to encapsulate and to integrate tools of high cost (EJB, jBPM, Oracle FGA…) in simple and homogeneous surroundings, using quality driven development.
- NexOpen IDE: Eclipse based distribution to facilitate the development with NexOpen, providing wizards, plugins, aid and intelligent management of the project.
- jCaptcha: Collaboration in tests and documentation of the API.
- MyGMMS: WordPress plugin, for Google maps publishing in WordPress 2.2 CMS.
Integration of Google components, participation in Google Developer Day 2007 to explain the integration of Google Maps in Blogger.
Management, design and development of Invisible Friend Online project , Web 2.0 style project, to celebrate the drawing of the invisible friend by email.
Maintenance of the BossBlog, blog about development, open source projects and IT project management.
Diving. PADI Open Water degree in 2001.
Traveling. Travel around the world in 2001, visiting South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
It is possible to contact with me through the email to , or follow my twitter @bcurtu